Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Display textbox when specific selection is made in a select drop-down

Display textbox when specific selection is made in a select drop-down

Daniel

Hello,

I have a select statement which includes a 'Other' option. I would
like to know how to set it up so that if my user selects the 'Other'
option that a textbox appear next to it so they can enter details.

Thank you,

Daniel

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Daniel:

> I have a select statement which includes a 'Other' option. I would
> like to know how to set it up so that if my user selects the 'Other'
> option that a textbox appear next to it so they can enter details.

You can't do that in HTML. You can do it in JavaScript, but then you should
take care of the functionality of the page when scripting is disabled. That
is, you should include the textbox normally in HTML and use JavaScript (when
enabled) to hide it until "Other" has been selected. More info:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/combo.html

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/