Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Want to change rights on program files

Want to change rights on program files

beat

Hi
I want to change the rights for a folder in C:\program files\...
Icacls is the comand but allways I get permission denied. I doesn't
want to do it by folderproperties.
I searched all for Icacls but I wasn't lucky... Do you have a tip?

Thanks or you help!
beat

why?

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:39:16 -0700, beat wrote:

Another wannabe system admin, from googlegroups.com

>Hi
>I want to change the rights for a folder in C:\program files\...

OS is some version of Windows or a Windows clone OS.

>Icacls is the comand but allways I get permission denied. I doesn't

Ah Vista then, with Icacls.

You didn't say if you get permission denied trying to run Icacls or if
it's changing the permissions.

>want to do it by folderproperties.

www.google.com

The Command Prompt still lives in Windows Vista
The first new command line tool I encountered is Icacls, which is like
Cacls on steroids. Even though Cacls is still available in Windows
Vista, Icacls is ...
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...6092566-2.html - 39k
- Cached - Similar pages

iCACLS Vista Command Prompt Tool to Manage ACLs My Digital Life
In Windows Vista, CACLS which has drawback of difficult to use to set
inherited permissions on a folder is been deprecated and been replaced
with iCACLS. ...
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...o-manage-acls/
- 64k - 10 Jul 2007 - Cached - Similar pages

Icacls Shows Integrity
We continue our investigation of Icacls by focusing on the tool's
ability to set integrity levels.
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/...681/95681.html - 11 Jul
2007 - Similar pages
[ More results from www.windowsitpro.com ]

>I searched all for Icacls but I wasn't lucky... Do you have a tip?

Stop trying then.

Ask the system administrator.

There are also Vista newsgroups,
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...56486&expand=1