Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > I have a Trojan!!

I have a Trojan!!

JimmyKalor

I got this Trojan Virus from a 'Noble Poker' program I havenít used i
years. My Norton Anti-Virus and XsoftSpySE wont get rid of it. Is ther
anyone out there that can help me remove it before my computer crashes

--
JimmyKalo
JimmyKalor's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2740

http://forums.techarena.i

Sebastian G.

JimmyKalor wrote:

> I got this Trojan Virus from a 'Noble Poker' program I haven’t used in
> years. My Norton Anti-Virus and XsoftSpySE wont get rid of it. Is there
> anyone out there that can help me remove it before my computer crashes?

Flatten and rebuild? What else?

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> I got this Trojan Virus from a 'Noble Poker' program I haven?t used in
> years. My Norton Anti-Virus and XsoftSpySE wont get rid of it. Is there
> anyone out there that can help me remove it before my computer crashes?

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
directly from the vendors.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
them to properly clean your system.

First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
order that I would use them myself:

Dave Lipman's tools:
Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

AdAwareSE can be found here:
http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

Rogue Fix - This removal tool is the property of Internet Inspiration
http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm

--
Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
'exposed to kids'.

David H. Lipman

From: "JimmyKalor" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| I got this Trojan Virus from a 'Noble Poker' program I havenít used in
| years. My Norton Anti-Virus and XsoftSpySE wont get rid of it. Is there
| anyone out there that can help me remove it before my computer crashes?
|
| --
| JimmyKalor

XoftSpy is NOT a recommended anti spyware/adsware application. Dump it !

Plaese identify the anti malware appliucation that identified this Trojan and the fully
qualified name and path to the file(s) deemed to be infected withg this un-named Trojan.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Sebastian G.

David H. Lipman wrote:

> XoftSpy is NOT a recommended anti spyware/adsware application. Dump it !

What would an recommended anti spyware/adware application? Dump them all!
They can't even remotely hold the promised functionality.

nathan6

I recommend you to download the free program called Spy ware sweepe
from www.spyware-sweeper.com This is one of the very few teste
anti-spy ware programs that can help you to remove the Troja
successfully. You would find detailed instructions at the site

--
nathan
nathan6's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=2744