Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless bridge

wireless bridge

Robert

What would you guys recommend for a wireless access bridge that could go as
far as a block down the street. Line of sight is possible, but main office
and secondary office are separated by a house that faces sideways, therefore
creating half a block or so of distance.

Robert

Barb Bowman

a block can be different lengths in different locales. recently I've
seen a few folks use product from http://www.cantenna.com/ - some
people build their own.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Most WIFI equpment can go 1000' or more if there total clear line of site
and at least one of the devices is fitted with High Gain Directional
Antenna. If you do not have direct line of site there is No way to know
unless you try.
I would use this High Power Router and fit it with 15dbi directional Antenna
in order to try.
Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What would you guys recommend for a wireless access bridge that could go
> as far as a block down the street. Line of sight is possible, but main
> office and secondary office are separated by a house that faces sideways,
> therefore creating half a block or so of distance.
>
> Robert

Barb Bowman

I should add that the cantenna (or similar high power antennas) can
connect to a variety of wireless APs/bridges.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP