Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Formview update--one field won't update

Formview update--one field won't update

Larry Bud

I added another column to a table, a varchar(1000), added a textbox to
the formview, bound it (2 way), added the parameter to the update, but
it won't update.

I ran SQL Profiler, and the variable is set to NULL. It's like the
databinding isn't going on.

As the tree said to the lumberjack "I'm stumped!!!"

Larry Bud

On Jul 11, 10:26 am, Larry Bud <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I added another column to a table, a varchar(1000), added a textbox to
> the formview, bound it (2 way), added the parameter to the update, but
> it won't update.
>
> I ran SQL Profiler, and the variable is set to NULL. It's like the
> databinding isn't going on.
>
> As the tree said to the lumberjack "I'm stumped!!!"

Ok, figured out what was causing it, but not why.

The field is in the table, and I had the table row runat="server",
because I want to hide/show this row depending on a condition...

Seems like a bug to me that just having runat=server for a table row
would prevent the databinding from occuring.

Any insight?