Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > STREAMING RADIO

STREAMING RADIO

Trying

I'm having trouble streaming radio stations such as AM740.

The station appears to use its own player. Frequently the stream
breaks. Sometimes it is able to re-connect but frequently I have to
re-start the stream.

Is this a common problem? Any ideas as to how I can fix it?

I'm using a wireless connection on a Thinkpad R40

It happens on all stations I listen to!

Thanks Bill

Your Best Friend

Try uninstalling and reinstalling WMP. Also, please tell us what OS
you're using, and which browser.

Trying wrote:
> I'm having trouble streaming radio stations such as AM740.
>
> The station appears to use its own player. Frequently the stream
> breaks. Sometimes it is able to re-connect but frequently I have to
> re-start the stream.
>
> Is this a common problem? Any ideas as to how I can fix it?
>
> I'm using a wireless connection on a Thinkpad R40
>
> It happens on all stations I listen to!
>
> Thanks Bill

Evan Platt

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:51:54 -0400, Your Best Friend
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Try uninstalling and reinstalling WMP.

"The station appears to use its own player. "

Daave

Trying wrote:
> I'm having trouble streaming radio stations such as AM740.
>
> The station appears to use its own player. Frequently the stream
> breaks. Sometimes it is able to re-connect but frequently I have to
> re-start the stream.
>
> Is this a common problem? Any ideas as to how I can fix it?
>
> I'm using a wireless connection on a Thinkpad R40
>
> It happens on all stations I listen to!

Toronto's CHWO? Right now it's Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass's
"Tiajuana Taxi":

http://player.streamtheworld.com/?callsign=CHWO

Maybe the problem is with your wireless connection. What happens when
you try a direct connection to a modem or router?

Also, what are the specs of your Thinkpad?