Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Passed 70-218 & 70-219

Passed 70-218 & 70-219

Preacher Man

Blessed again. Yesterday I passed the two exams. 70-218 scored 818 and
70-219 scored 734. 218 was much easier than 219. The case study layout of
the 219 exam was the most difficult part.

Two more to go to get my MCSE/DBA. Can anyone tell me how difficult the
228&229 tests are? Thanks,

Preacher Man

Ogre

Preacher Man wrote:

> Two more to go to get my MCSE/DBA. Can anyone tell me how difficult the
> 228&229 tests are? Thanks,
>
> Preacher Man

Congrats on the pass.

Depends on your experience with SQL, if it is something you work with on
a daily basis? 228 is a fair exam, not easy, but it is fairly reflective
of the tasks of a DBA. 229 I found to be the more difficult of the two,
but I can't T-SQL my way out of a paper bag.

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZQ==?=

Nice job, congrats!

Monday I also passed 70-218, so I got my MCSA. Yesterday I decided to
schedule 70-217 and 70-219, since MS extended the 2nd Shot campaign. How many
questions/scenarios are there in the design exam? And how much time did you
have?

Thanks a bunch,

Pete

"Preacher Man" wrote:

> Blessed again. Yesterday I passed the two exams. 70-218 scored 818 and
> 70-219 scored 734. 218 was much easier than 219. The case study layout of
> the 219 exam was the most difficult part.
>
> Two more to go to get my MCSE/DBA. Can anyone tell me how difficult the
> 228&229 tests are? Thanks,
>
> Preacher Man

Preacher Man

The 219 is very gruesome (to me anyway). The allowed time is about 4 hours
and their are only about 30 questions. That kind of gives you the
complexity of the test. You have 4 case studies to review and examine and
then answer a few questions on with an allotted time for each case study.
The case studies were so long, I had a hard time remembering the points that
I needed to. It seemed to help me a little to quickly review the questions
(at most 10 per case study) and then read the case study through. Of course
you will need to go back and skim across the case study again as you do the
questions. If I were to rate the difficulty level I would give it an 8 or a
9 compared to about a 5 or 6 for the 70-218.

As far as the 217 goes I would give that about a 5. I found it to be much
easier than the 219 and I think it has the same number of questions and time
limit that the 218 has.

It took me two times to pass the 219. I scored a 675 on the first round and
734 on the passing round. The bad thing was that after I failed the first
exam, I couldn't really think of any topics I needed to brush up on. I knew
the facts but I fell off the wagon in the comprehension part of the mass of
reading.

Hope this helps some. Also hope you pass both on first go.

**Oh one last thing, on the 219 their were a few drag on drops and several
multiple answer questions. I think on this one they give you partial credit
for partially correct answers.

Be Blessed.
Preacher Man

news:(E-Mail Removed)...