Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Delayed Development

Delayed Development

=?Utf-8?B?WW9kYQ==?=

I bought a Sybex MCSE course 18 months ago but fell on 'interesting times'
and didn't start the course. I', now ready to go and gung ho about the whole
thing but have no clue about how to start. is there a tried and tested
method for these courses? Does anyone have any tips hints or just anything
to get me started?

Thanks

JB

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIGluIFZB?=

Do you know how to eat an elehphant? One bite at a time. There is a ton of
information to take in. Start at the begining.... 70-270

Learn all there is to learn about Windows XP and pay close attention to the
topic of TCP/IP. Then ease into the networking material.

Take the 70-270 exam and see how you feel. Hopefully your confidence will
be up and you can jump into the more difficult stuff.

I think I was real lucky. I did the 2K track and took some classes at a
local university that was offering a network engineering certificate. I had
a very good instructor that taught us the 70-210 material and she really
helped me build a good foundation that helped make the rest of the material
much more easy to learn and understand. So.. work on that foundation and
build up.

--
Joe
MCSE 2K, MCSA 2K, A+, Network+, Security+