Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Does any Mozilla software intall Compuserve?

Reply
Thread Tools

Does any Mozilla software intall Compuserve?

 
 
Gualtier Malde
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-10-2007
I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.

I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

Thank you.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charani
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-10-2007
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:

> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
>
> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.


It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
Micromedia Flash.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gualtier Malde
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-10-2007
Charani wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
>
>> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
>> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
>> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
>>
>> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
>> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
>> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

>
> It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
> Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
> Micromedia Flash.

Thank you. I'd think it funny if Macromedia brought Compuserve to the party and then objected to
it, but nothing is impossible.

OTOH I am not married to the idea of Macromedia. What do you use to accommodate flash applets? I
had thought of trying something else to see if it would work as well and be less picky.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gualtier Malde
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-11-2007
Charani wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
>
>> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
>> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
>> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
>>
>> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
>> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
>> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

>
> It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
> Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
> Micromedia Flash.

Well, the mystery won't be discovered by me, I'm giving up. I found a copy of Macromedia Flash v7
to install and it went up without a hitch and is humming along.

Thanks for your reply.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-11-2007
Gualtier Malde wrote:
> Charani wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
>>
>>> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process identified as Compuserve is
>>> running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process
>>> in Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
>>>
>>> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits, like AOL messaging, but I
>>> assumed that Mozilla's products would not be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options
>>> exhausted, I am going for the more/most remote possibilities.

>> It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
>> Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
>> Micromedia Flash.

> Well, the mystery won't be discovered by me, I'm giving up. I found a copy of Macromedia Flash v7
> to install and it went up without a hitch and is humming along.
>
> Thanks for your reply.


why don't you ask in the macromedia flash newsgroup? The
server is forums.macromedia.com

--
Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
one. Thanks!

Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gualtier Malde
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-11-2007
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Gualtier Malde wrote:
>> Charani wrote:
>>> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:45:23 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process
>>>> identified as Compuserve is running. Trouble is I can't find
>>>> Compuserve anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process in
>>>> Task Manager (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of
>>>> registry.
>>>>
>>>> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits,
>>>> like AOL messaging, but I assumed that Mozilla's products would not
>>>> be so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options exhausted, I
>>>> am going for the more/most remote possibilities.
>>> It's possibly come in with Micromedia Flash because I don't have
>>> Compuserve on my PC and I run Mozilla. What I don't have is
>>> Micromedia Flash.

>> Well, the mystery won't be discovered by me, I'm giving up. I found a
>> copy of Macromedia Flash v7 to install and it went up without a hitch
>> and is humming along.
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.

>
> why don't you ask in the macromedia flash newsgroup? The server is
> forums.macromedia.com
>

I did and got no answer. I've gotten a lot of help from here and from Windows 2000 but the fact is
that I have my own problem solved by using an old version and the thrill of the chase kind of paled.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charani
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-11-2007
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:06:11 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:

> What do you use to accommodate flash applets?


I don't use flash applets - period.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gualtier Malde
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2007
Charani wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:06:11 -0700, Gualtier Malde wrote:
>
>> What do you use to accommodate flash applets?

>
> I don't use flash applets - period.

Maybe I expressed it wrong - flash stuff, anyway. I do like to go places like Ardman, the people
who did Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run (http://www.aardman.com/). I block stuff that come in
that I don't want.

Thank you
 
Reply With Quote
 
fake-name
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-12-2007
Gualtier Malde wrote:
> I am unable to install Micromedia Flash because (it says) a process
> identified as Compuserve is running. Trouble is I can't find Compuserve
> anywhere. Not an application or identifiable process in Task Manager
> (Windows 2000) nor in any of the start sections of registry.
>
> I recall that old Netscape was in bed with a bunch of other outfits,
> like AOL messaging, but I assumed that Mozilla's products would not be
> so encumbered. Finally, though, with other options exhausted, I am
> going for the more/most remote possibilities.
>
> Thank you.


erm...

what "Mozilla" product are you trying to run ?

and would you happen to be using an AOL dial-up account ?


because the Wikipedia entry for Compuserve includes the following:

<start quote>
CompuServe Information Services is now positioned as the value market
provider for several million customers, as part of the AOL Web Products
Group. Recent U.S. versions of the CompuServe client software
essentially an enhanced web browser use the Gecko layout engine
developed for Mozilla, within a derivative of the AOL client and using
the AOL dialup network.
<end quote>
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visual C#, Unable to intall my program on other computers uzair Software 1 12-24-2008 02:47 PM
Win2k3 x64 Intall 'LOOKOUT' note - Be Aware =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJkUw==?= Windows 64bit 0 08-29-2005 09:28 PM
Battlefield 1942 intall issues =?Utf-8?B?VGhlIE1hbg==?= Windows 64bit 10 06-03-2005 12:06 AM
modem intall jfwilson NZ Computing 10 10-17-2003 08:36 AM
Win XP pre intall CD havinfun69nospam@yahoo.com A+ Certification 1 08-03-2003 11:43 PM



Advertisments