Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Apache Webserver Help

Apache Webserver Help

YourBestFriend

I'm using a shared Apache web server that already hosts two domains. I
just recently purchased a domain name, and forwarded it to my previous
domain's root directory. Now, what I would like to do is whenever this
domain is visited, I would like Apache to automatically 'redirect' to
another folder inside of my previous domains' root folder. For
example: all of my domains root folders are public_html. Now, inside
of public_html, I have another folder called 'domain2.' Is there a way
to have Apache automatically forward domain2 to the domain2 folder,
yet keeping 'domain2' in the address bar? I have been playing around
with the mod_rewrite using a .htaccess file in the public_html folder,
but all I can get it to do is forward to the new URL, also changing it
in the address bar.

Tomcat & Apache webserver authentication bduitp Java 0 05-14-2008 10:59 AM
how to connect Tomcat 5.0.19 with apache webserver using jk.properties subbu Java 0 08-23-2006 01:26 PM
Apache webserver nialltimpson HTML 13 03-25-2005 02:16 AM
apache webserver and asp.net seed ASP .Net 2 12-17-2004 03:04 PM
Byterange support for Apache webserver with mod_jk? Cathy Java 0 10-22-2004 12:05 AM

Advertisments