Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > highly einteractive editor for python

highly einteractive editor for python

Atul Bhingarde

Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
mode.

Thanks

Atul

Steve Holden

Atul Bhingarde wrote:
> Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
> development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
> mode.
>
> Thanks
>
> Atul

Wind IDE is great for debugging GUI-based programs - you can set
breakpoints in event-handling routines and see them activate when your
program responds to mouse clicks and so on.

http://wingware.com/

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

Josiah Carlson

Atul Bhingarde wrote:
> Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
> development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
> mode.

Boa Constructor? wxGlade embedded in some other software (SPE?) XRCed?
What do you mean by "real time mode"?

- Josiah

Atul Bhingarde

What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
application in a environment where I can see the results as I am creating
it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will provide a robust
mechanism to see gui layout as well.

Thanks

Atul
"Josiah Carlson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BsFki.19734$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> Atul Bhingarde wrote:
>> Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
>> development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
>> mode.

> Boa Constructor? wxGlade embedded in some other software (SPE?) XRCed?
> What do you mean by "real time mode"?
>
> - Josiah

Atul Bhingarde

I liked what the Wing IDE provides, one question though will it provide
facility like creating the GUI widgets (say using TK) and facilitaate layout
for the same and then run the script ?

Thanks

Atul
"Steve Holden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Atul Bhingarde wrote:
>> Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
>> development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
>> mode.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Atul

> Wind IDE is great for debugging GUI-based programs - you can set
> breakpoints in event-handling routines and see them activate when your
> program responds to mouse clicks and so on.
>
> http://wingware.com/
>
> regards
> Steve
> --
> Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
> Holden Web LLC/Ltd http://www.holdenweb.com
> Skype: holdenweb http://del.icio.us/steve.holden
> --------------- Asciimercial ------------------
> Get on the web: Blog, lens and tag the Internet
> Many services currently offer free registration
> ----------- Thank You for Reading -------------

Bjoern Schliessmann

Atul Bhingarde wrote:

> What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
> application in a environment where I can see the results as I am
> creating it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will
> provide a robust mechanism to see gui layout as well.

Py is an IDE for Python/wxPython that, AFAICS, does what you look
for.

http://www.wxpython.org/py.php

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #318:

Your EMAIL is now being delivered by the USPS.

Peter Decker

On 7/10/07, Atul Bhingarde <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
> application in a environment where I can see the results as I am creating
> it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will provide a robust
> mechanism to see gui layout as well.

This isn't for Tk, but for wxPython-based development, but you might
want to look at Dabo's visual tools. Their Class Designer allows you
to visually develop your application's windows, allowing you to focus
on coding the logic instead of having to guess how what your UI will
look like.

Check out the screencasts (hey, how else can you see the advantage of
a visual tool?) at http://dabodev.com/documentation. The best ones to
start with are the two on 'Building a Database App in the Class
Designer'. They show some of the database connectivity stuff, too, but
that's not required. I create apps without databases all the time with
Dabo.
--

# p.d.

xxmplus@gmail.com

On Jul 9, 5:14 pm, "Atul Bhingarde" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
> development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
> mode.
>
> Thanks
>
> Atul

Have a look at UliPad: