Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > date and time Privlage Problem

date and time Privlage Problem

=?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?=

hi all

I've logged on windwos Xp SP2 as Local Administrator and when i try to
change date and time it tell me that i dont have the privlage to do that.

so i go to chack the local security settings and i found that the "change
system time" is empty and disabled and its tell me that "this security seting
is not compatable with windows 2000 SP1"

i can do everything, except this problem.

so please, can any one help?

Thanks

Red Swingline Stapler

=?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hi all
>
> I've logged on windwos Xp SP2 as Local Administrator and when i try to
> change date and time it tell me that i dont have the privlage to do
> that.
>
> so i go to chack the local security settings and i found that the
> "change system time" is empty and disabled and its tell me that "this
> security seting is not compatable with windows 2000 SP1"
>
> i can do everything, except this problem.
>
> so please, can any one help?
>
> Thanks

Is your workstation part of a domain?

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> so i go to chack the local security settings and i found that the
> "change system time" is empty and disabled and its tell me that "this
> security seting is not compatable with windows 2000 SP1"

um, that sounds like you are trying to change the settings from a 2000 box
or have installed the windos 2000 adm files.

- Grad School--it's not a job, it's an indenture

=?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?=

"Red Swingline Stapler" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > hi all
> >
> > I've logged on windwos Xp SP2 as Local Administrator and when i try to
> > change date and time it tell me that i dont have the privlage to do
> > that.
> >
> > so i go to chack the local security settings and i found that the
> > "change system time" is empty and disabled and its tell me that "this
> > security seting is not compatable with windows 2000 SP1"
> >
> > i can do everything, except this problem.
> >
> > so please, can any one help?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Is your workstation part of a domain?
> yes its Part of Domain, And UNFORTUNATELY i Asked The Domain Admin "The One who dosn't know what is a !domain!" he toled me: i dont know what i'ev done!.

Thanks Red Swingline Stapler
Tanks Neil

=?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?=

"Neil" wrote:

> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say
> in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > so i go to chack the local security settings and i found that the
> > "change system time" is empty and disabled and its tell me that "this
> > security seting is not compatable with windows 2000 SP1"

> um, that sounds like you are trying to change the settings from a 2000 box
> or have installed the windos 2000 adm files.
>
> --
> The InterNeil "V2 w/tabbed browsing & decreased verbosity" MCNGP Triple X
>
> - Grad School--it's not a job, it's an indenture

hi Neil
i dont know what the local Administrator is done!!
but iam sure its something Wrong. I Asked Him Alot about what he's doing,
and i got no Answar.

and yes its sounds like you said " you are trying to change the settings
from a 2000 box "

i dont think he installed the windos 2000 adm files.

Thank You nail, Thank you alot.

=?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?=

sorry i wrote The Name Wrong:

Thank you Neil Please Accept My Apology.
bye

CBIC

news:Xns9968C6A6068FDneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say
> in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> so i go to chack the local security settings and i found that the
>> "change system time" is empty and disabled and its tell me that "this
>> security seting is not compatable with windows 2000 SP1"

> um, that sounds like you are trying to change the settings from a 2000 box
> or have installed the windos 2000 adm files.

That's crazy talk

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank You nail, Thank you alot.

I've been called a lot of things in my time...

(somebodies gonna get hammered this weekend)

- I started out with nothing & I still have most of it left.

Neil

did you hear =?Utf-8?B?bXJoczg0?= <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> sorry i wrote The Name Wrong:
>
> Thank you Neil Please Accept My Apology.
> bye

DOH! and I was really hoping to have an excuse for getting hammered...

- New oxymoron: final beta.

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> That's crazy talk

but that's why I'm here...

- I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong