Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > taking a 2k3 server offline

taking a 2k3 server offline

luisc

I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
the Microsoft Technet.
Thanks to anybody who answers.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

luisc wrote:
> I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
> the Microsoft Technet.
> Thanks to anybody who answers.

There's a button on the front. Hold it in for 4 seconds.

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
> the Microsoft Technet.
> Thanks to anybody who answers.

Define Taking offline".

--
Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
'exposed to kids'.

Mr. Arnold

"luisc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
> the Microsoft Technet.
> Thanks to anybody who answers.

You disable the Network Interface Card via the O/S. You also just unplug the
network cable.

Leythos

In article <DOski.5850$(E-Mail Removed). net>, "Mr.
Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> says...

> "luisc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
> > the Microsoft Technet.
> > Thanks to anybody who answers.

> You disable the Network Interface Card via the O/S. You also just unplug the
> network cable.

Depending on what the OP really means, that could be a very bad move.
There is a LOT of work to remove a server from a network if you do it
properly. If it's just to disconnect it for a short time the cable does
work, but to actually remove it there is a lot more that needs done.

--
Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
'exposed to kids'.

why?

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:17:56 -0700, luisc wrote:

>I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
>the Microsoft Technet.

So you aren't the server admin then? Hire 1.

>Thanks to anybody who answers.

1 of these in the server room
http://fohn.net/elephant-pictures-fa...t-standing.jpg

Me

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

why? wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:17:56 -0700, luisc wrote:
>

>>I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
>>the Microsoft Technet.

> So you aren't the server admin then? Hire 1.
>

>>Thanks to anybody who answers.

> 1 of these in the server room
> http://fohn.net/elephant-pictures-fa...t-standing.jpg

They serve who only stand and wait.

WhzzKdd

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> luisc wrote:
>> I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
>> the Microsoft Technet.
>> Thanks to anybody who answers.

> There's a button on the front. Hold it in for 4 seconds.

LOL! I was going to mention the big black cord in the back - just pull it.
Hard. Either end.

John Holmes

luisc "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
> the Microsoft Technet.
> Thanks to anybody who answers.

If you need to ask such a question you're on the wrong job.

--
Your mother was an unhygienic hotel receptionist who contracted venereal
diseases on a bungee rope.

Your Best Friend

Sounds like illegal activity here

"luisc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just need to know how to perform this because I cannot find it in
> the Microsoft Technet.
> Thanks to anybody who answers.

Question about MCSA 2K3 > MCSE 2K3 Don MCSE 5 01-14-2006 09:02 PM
taking MCSE 2k3 Lam MCSE 28 11-03-2005 12:52 PM
Partiton Sizing for Server 2k3 and Exchange 2k3 install =?Utf-8?B?QmVsbGluZ3Rvbjc0?= Microsoft Certification 0 05-24-2004 02:51 AM
2K3 Terminal Server CAL Darth 2000 MCSE 13 01-22-2004 03:38 PM
Large drive support in Server 2k3?? MikeF MCSE 2 11-14-2003 02:38 AM

Advertisments