Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The important thing to remember is ...

The important thing to remember is ...

ASAAR

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 00:17:24 GMT, Mike Russell wrote:

> Was it a Hawkeye? If so, no surprise you got good pix with it. Great
> Bokeh.
>
> Problem was all it *had* was Bokeh.

Well yeah, it didn't have much more going for it, but great bokeh?
Far from it. Early Japanese amateur photographers used the Hawkeye
to demonstrate what bad bokeh looks like. They divided cameras into
two basic categories, and when helping newbies buy cameras, would
often advise them "Pay more for creamy Canon bokeh. Avoid at all
costs crummy Kodak bokeh."

Prometheus

In article <oeAki.21187$(E-Mail Removed)> , Mike
Russell <(E-Mail Removed)-MOVE> writes
>"Prometheus" <Prometheus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I took better pictures with my Kodak Brownie 127 when I was ten than some
>> of the people here do with their *istD5

>Was it a Hawkeye? If so, no surprise you got good pix with it. Great
>Bokeh.
>
>Problem was all it *had* was Bokeh.

It was one of these:
<http://www.onetwoseven.org.uk/cameras/kodak/b127.html>
--
Ian G8ILZ
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.