Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Serring up a Netgear router

Serring up a Netgear router

harrogate3

Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000 ATA.

I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is there
again.

TIA

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

harrogate3

"harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newss1ki.12635$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
> please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
> attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000

ATA.

> I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is

there
> again.
>
> TIA
>

> --
> Woody
>
> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Sorry, the Dyslexic keybrod got at the message header as well!

Brian A

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 08:44:06 GMT, "harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>newss1ki.12635$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
>> please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
>> attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000

>ATA.
>>
>> I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is

>there
>> again.
>>
>> TIA
>>

>> --
>> Woody
>>
>> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
>>

>Sorry, the Dyslexic keybrod got at the message header as well!

I have an old version of the WGR 614.
I assume by 'port settings' you mean port forwarding.
Unless you have to forward ports for other IPs you could set your
router to DMZ to the IP of your SPA-2000 as an alternative to port
forwarding. If your ATA doesn't work then you should look for a
problem other than in the router. On my version DMZ is under WAN
settings.
voip.co.uk reckon that their service will work without port
forwarding.
Otherwise here is an example of ports that you might forward, some
people might disagree but they have worked for me with many different
providers.
RTP_Language 5004 5004 192.168.1.6
Sip_Signalling 5060 5065 192.168.1.6
UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6
UDP_TCP 3478 3478 192.168.1.6
faktortel 5001 5001 5001 192.168.1.6
Further, you could check if your firmware is up to date for the WGR
614.
Running a soft phone is a different matter. I have only commented on
using an ATA.
---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.
---

Jono

Brian A presented the following explanation :
> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

That's a massive range Brian......

It's Me

"harrogate3" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newss1ki.12635$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone give me the ports settings for a Netgear WGR614v6 router
> please for use with voip.co.uk and/or Sipgate? I shall possiblt be
> attempting to use either the X-Lite softfone of a Sipura SPA2000 ATA.
>
> I have tried - oh how I have tried - but that old brick wall is there
> again.
>
> TIA
>

> --
> Woody
>
> harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

These are what I have set up in my Netgear DG834G

UDP : 10000 - 20000
UDP : 53
UDP : 5060 - 5070

But I would look at your VOIP provider and check what ports they say to use.

ItsMe

Brian A

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brian A presented the following explanation :
>> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

>That's a massive range Brian......

You may well be right.... what do you use?
---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.
---

Jono

Brian A has brought this to us :
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Brian A presented the following explanation :
>>> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

>> That's a massive range Brian......
>>

> You may well be right.... what do you use?

None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
Not needed to port forward since.

Jono

Brian A formulated on Sunday :
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Brian A presented the following explanation :
>>> UDP_RTP 8000 26000 192.168.1.6

>> That's a massive range Brian......
>>

> You may well be right.... what do you use?

Although I don't use port forwarding any more, these are the ports I
used to forward:

1 sip 5060 - 5061
2 rtp 10001 - 20000
3 Asterisk 8000 - 8012
4 Asterisk 3478 - 3483
5 Asterisk 5004 - 5036
6 Asterisk 4560 - 4570

Brian A

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:36:23 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brian A has brought this to us :
>> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 12:17:39 +0100, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Brian A presented the following explanation :
>>>
>>> That's a massive range Brian......
>>>

>> You may well be right.... what do you use?

>None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
>Not needed to port forward since.

I have looked, with interest, at the WRT54G but am I right in thinking
that there are problems flashing with this software on the later
versions of the WRT54G?

---

Brian A wrote on 09/07/2007 :

>> None, nor the DMZ. I use the DDWRT-VoIP firmware for my Linksys WRT54G.
>> Not needed to port forward since.

> I have looked, with interest, at the WRT54G but am I right in thinking
> that there are problems flashing with this software on the later
> versions of the WRT54G?

Yes, the later models have less internal memory.