Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 & Junk Mail

Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 & Junk Mail

Omega

Although I've used Thunderbird for years with no problems, I
re-installed my computer about a month ago & now Thunderbird will no
longer deliver junk mail directly to my Junk folder. My
Options/Privacy/... settings are correct to make this happen,
Thunderbird just won't do it. It applies the Junk flag to the email but
leaves it in my Inbox.

How can I fix this?

curly Bill

Omega wrote:
> Although I've used Thunderbird for years with no problems, I
> re-installed my computer about a month ago & now Thunderbird will no
> longer deliver junk mail directly to my Junk folder. My
> Options/Privacy/... settings are correct to make this happen,
> Thunderbird just won't do it. It applies the Junk flag to the email but
> leaves it in my Inbox.
>
> How can I fix this?

Tools >
Run junk mail controls on this folder

Omega

curly Bill wrote:
> Omega wrote:
>> Although I've used Thunderbird for years with no problems, I
>> re-installed my computer about a month ago & now Thunderbird will no
>> longer deliver junk mail directly to my Junk folder. My
>> Options/Privacy/... settings are correct to make this happen,
>> Thunderbird just won't do it. It applies the Junk flag to the email
>> but leaves it in my Inbox.
>>
>> How can I fix this?

> Tools >
> Run junk mail controls on this folder

I'd only tried that a dozen or so times before my OP, however it still
doesn't work.

curly Bill

Omega wrote:
> curly Bill wrote:
>> Omega wrote:
>>> Although I've used Thunderbird for years with no problems, I
>>> re-installed my computer about a month ago & now Thunderbird will no
>>> longer deliver junk mail directly to my Junk folder. My
>>> Options/Privacy/... settings are correct to make this happen,
>>> Thunderbird just won't do it. It applies the Junk flag to the email
>>> but leaves it in my Inbox.
>>>
>>> How can I fix this?

>> Tools >
>> Run junk mail controls on this folder

> I'd only tried that a dozen or so times before my OP, however it still
> doesn't work.

Why then would it work for me and not you?

Try your question on the support forum
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=8