Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Finding Website Directories

Finding Website Directories

Michael

Hi,

I've setup a website and am currently storing the site in a folder in the
htdocs directory (ie not the top level) so that when people type in the
address they don't see the new site.

Is there anyway for people to see the site without going XXXXX.XXX/A then
XXXXX.XXX/B etc and trying to locate it 'Brute Force' style?

I've checked and there's no index files.

Cheers,

Michael

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've setup a website and am currently storing the site in a folder in the
>htdocs directory (ie not the top level) so that when people type in the
>address they don't see the new site.
>
>Is there anyway for people to see the site without going XXXXX.XXX/A then
>XXXXX.XXX/B etc and trying to locate it 'Brute Force' style?
>
>I've checked and there's no index files.

Well someone could use a website copier http://www.httrack.com/
Unless you have a robot.txt in place.

--
US Navy stole my Internet