Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > A weird problem, computer hang while loading wireless, please help

A weird problem, computer hang while loading wireless, please help

=?Utf-8?B?eHV6aGltbw==?=

Please help. I encounter a weird problem on my AT&T Plug&Share 6500G Wireless
Adapter (WEP disabled). I recently upgrade my system to Windows XP Sp1. My
wireless network works normal for a while. One day, after I restart my
computer, my system hangs while trying to load the wireless network. The
wireless status bar on the lower right bottom do no show, and the computer
lock. I run “System Restore” under Safety Mode, restores my computer to an
earlier time. Ok, the wireless network works now and I can connect to
Internet. But if I restart or shut down then turn on my computer, the problem
appear again.

I remove the adapter from the PCI slot, my windows open with no problem this
time. The status bar on the right bottom show up, but with a big cross on it.
I uninstall and reinstall the software (I also try the updated software from
it’s website), plug the adapter back in (I have tried different PCI slot) and
install the driver, ok, I can connect to the Internet again. But if I restart
or Shutdown then turn on the computer, my system hangs again while loading
the wireless network. I am frustrated, could somebody help. Thanks.