Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Match Brace in Eclipse

Match Brace in Eclipse

moleskyca1@yahoo.com

Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:

Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
automate it)?
When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

Thomas Fritsch

> When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it,

I assume you double-clicked onto the .bat file. Don't do!
> how can I tell eclipse
> that I want to edit file, not run it.

Right-click onto the .bat file. Then, in the popup-menu select "Open with -
Text Editor".

--
Thomas

Manish Pandit

On Jul 6, 6:30 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:
>
> Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
> Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
> done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
> automate it)?
> When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
> that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

Batch file association:

Window/Preferences/General/Editors/File Associations
Look for *.bat
Look for Associated Editors in the bottom pane
Add/Remove/Edit editors (you can select 'Text Editor' so that batch
files will not execute).

Matching Brace:

Not sure how to get to the matching brace, but you can select a block
between braces if that is your goal. You can double click right after
the brace and it will block select the area between that and the
corresponding closing brace.

-cheers,
Manish

heysc0tt@gmail.com

On Jul 6, 6:30 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:
>
> Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
> Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
> done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
> automate it)?
> When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
> that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

Go to Matching Bracket -> Ctrl+Shift+P

This page may be helpful:
http://eclipse-tools.sourceforge.net...cuts_(3.0).pdf

moleskyca1@yahoo.com

On Jul 6, 12:20 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jul 6, 6:30 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:

> > Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
> > Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
> > done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
> > automate it)?
> > When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
> > that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

> Go to Matching Bracket -> Ctrl+Shift+P
>
> This page may be helpful:http://eclipse-tools.sourceforge.net...cuts_(3.0).pdf

Thank you. I tried Ctrl+Shift+P but eclipse didnt go to matching
braket. It keeps saying: No matching bracket found. I tried on first
brace on this code and on first braket:

public class test {
test() { int a[] = new int[3]; }
}

Matching brace in eclipse Orson Java 8 07-04-2008 03:22 PM
Searching for Kevin Brace (Graphic chip research information) Derek Simmons VHDL 1 03-31-2005 01:51 AM
why can't I pass a squiggly brace expression into a method call? Kevin Simonson Java 3 11-28-2004 12:07 PM
xerces parser won't open file with brace in the name Andy Fish Java 3 11-19-2003 08:21 PM
xerces parser won't open file with brace in the name Andy Fish XML 3 11-19-2003 08:21 PM

Advertisments