Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > What do you use to design your web pages?

What do you use to design your web pages?

JJ

I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.

Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to design
the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual studio).
I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
they?

Thanks,
JJ

Mark Rae [MVP]

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
> they?

I certainly do...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

JJ

I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
expression studio yet?
I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of
Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until thats released (which is when?)..

Thanks,
JJ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
>> they?

> I certainly do...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Michael Nemtsev

Hello JJ,

We use designers because they knows better how it should look like

I prefer to prototype in Web Expression (used dreamweaver before)

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

J> I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
J>
J> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to
J> design
J> the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual
J> studio).
J> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual
J> Studio....do
J> they?
J> Thanks,
J> JJ

Mark Rae [MVP]

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Have you tried the expression studio yet?

I haven't, unfortunately... It's on my to-do list...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Aidy

Our designs are done by designers in Photoshop, but turning the resulting
flat image into working html is just done by us in Visual Studio.

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
>
> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to
> design the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual
> studio).
> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
> they?
>
> Thanks,
> JJ

JJ

Thats the bit that I find is a real pain (i.e. from concept software to
visual studio).
JJ
"Aidy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Our designs are done by designers in Photoshop, but turning the resulting
> flat image into working html is just done by us in Visual Studio.
>
> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
>>
>> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to
>> design the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual
>> studio).
>> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
>> they?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JJ

Aidy

It is but when you do it often enough you get quite proficient in it. And
when your sites are just master page templates you only need to do the bulk
of it once.

"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thats the bit that I find is a real pain (i.e. from concept software to
> visual studio).
> JJ

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Aidy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> And when your sites are just master page templates you only need to do the
> bulk of it once.

Absolutely! I can't imagine doing an ASP.NET project without MasterPages
now...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

John Timney \(MVP\)

Yeah, I design graphically and then convert the design to master pages in
web developer express. Or if passed exisitng html its also uploaded to
express and converted to master pages.

That forms a template that is then given to visual studio devs to work with
if thats necessary.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com