Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > What do you use to design your web pages?

Reply
Thread Tools

What do you use to design your web pages?

 
 
Juan T. Llibre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
re:
!> I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
!> expression studio yet?

To be precise, you don't need Expression Studio for designing web pages.
All you need for that is Expression Web.

Expression Studio includes tools for designing graphics and media.

See : http://www.microsoft.com/expression/




Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the expression studio yet?
> I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until
> thats released (which is when?)..
>
> Thanks,
> JJ
>
> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do they?

>>
>> I certainly do...
>>
>>
>> --
>> Mark Rae
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> http://www.markrae.net

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
Do you need Expression Blend aswell then?
Thanks,
JJ
"Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> re:
> !> I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
> !> expression studio yet?
>
> To be precise, you don't need Expression Studio for designing web pages.
> All you need for that is Expression Web.
>
> Expression Studio includes tools for designing graphics and media.
>
> See : http://www.microsoft.com/expression/
>
>
>
>
> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
> foros de asp.net, en espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
> ======================================
> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
>>expression studio yet?
>> I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of
>> Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until thats released (which is
>> when?)..
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JJ
>>
>> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>>> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
>>>> they?
>>>
>>> I certainly do...
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mark Rae
>>> ASP.NET MVP
>>> http://www.markrae.net

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Juan T. Llibre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
re:
!> Do you need Expression Blend as well then?

Only if you're creating cinematic user interfaces.




Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
======================================
"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you need Expression Blend aswell then?
> Thanks,
> JJ
> "Juan T. Llibre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> re:
>> !> I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the
>> !> expression studio yet?
>>
>> To be precise, you don't need Expression Studio for designing web pages.
>> All you need for that is Expression Web.
>>
>> Expression Studio includes tools for designing graphics and media.
>>
>> See : http://www.microsoft.com/expression/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
>> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
>> foros de asp.net, en espaņol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
>> ======================================
>> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am used to a more 'graphical' method of design. Have you tried the expression studio yet?
>>> I am wondering how much of this will be built into the next version of Visual Studio. Perhaps I should wait until
>>> thats released (which is when?)..
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> JJ
>>>
>>> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>>>> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do they?
>>>>
>>>> I certainly do...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Mark Rae
>>>> ASP.NET MVP
>>>> http://www.markrae.net
>>>
>>>

>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
Hmm. I find a CSS template by a professional author that I like, and I
convert it into a MasterPage template (one or more masters). I'm a genius at
coding. I suck at website design. My advantage? At least I know it.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog: http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
BlogMetaFinder(BETA): http://www.blogmetafinder.com



"JJ" wrote:

> I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
>
> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to design
> the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual studio).
> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
> they?
>
> Thanks,
> JJ
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon Paal [MSMD]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
a template works very well...

http://www.csszengarden.com/



"JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
>
> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to design the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in
> visual studio).
> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do they?
>
> Thanks,
> JJ
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2007
nice site. Perhaps that the best way - let the designers do their thing.

JJ

"Jon Paal [MSMD]" <Jon[ nospam ]Paal @ everywhere dot com> wrote in message
news:eWZX3Q%(E-Mail Removed)...
>a template works very well...
>
> http://www.csszengarden.com/
>
>
>
> "JJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e0QZW$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I asked this question before, but I suspect that I worded it badly.
>>
>> Its time to update my software, so I am wondering what others use to
>> design the 'look' of their web pages (i.e. prior to coding in visual
>> studio).
>> I can't imagine many actually do it from scratch in Visual Studio....do
>> they?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JJ
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
don't like, so don't waste your time thinking and buy them. You know,if you don't like one thing, it means nothing for you.</p> fashion t shirts seller Cisco 0 06-13-2011 02:01 AM
Website Design India - Web Design India Hyderabad - Web DesignServices India visioninfosyslinks@gmail.com HTML 0 12-20-2007 08:43 AM
Web Design: Would you design a PDF by writing Postscript in Notepad? fgdg HTML 236 02-21-2007 09:35 PM
What tools do you use to help design your asp.net apps? =?Utf-8?B?Y21heQ==?= ASP .Net 8 01-05-2005 06:47 PM



Advertisments