Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FAST hardlock driver HLVDD.DLL problem

FAST hardlock driver HLVDD.DLL problem

J-McC

I am having trouble running some programs on my XP-Pro computer.
I keep getting a message about HLVDD.DLL either being missing or
damaged. I googled it and found several references to it but the
sites I went to wanted $9.99 to let me download it. I am a bit
suspect of these sites that basically have you by the balls when they
are supossed to be assisting you. I have this file (HLVDD.DLL) in my
c:\windows\system32 directory, it is 257536 bytes and is dated
16-apr-2007, which might suggest it has been tampered with as this
problem is only several months old. My virus and spyware scans are
upto date and do not show any thing wrong.

I also sometimes get a message about the "FAST hardlock driver
hlvdd.dll failed"

Any help much appreciated.

J McC http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

JD Cantafio

J-McC wrote:

> I am having trouble running some programs on my XP-Pro computer.
> I keep getting a message about HLVDD.DLL either being missing or
> damaged. I googled it and found several references to it but the
> sites I went to wanted $9.99 to let me download it. I am a bit
> suspect of these sites that basically have you by the balls when they
> are supossed to be assisting you. I have this file (HLVDD.DLL) in my
> c:\windows\system32 directory, it is 257536 bytes and is dated
> 16-apr-2007, which might suggest it has been tampered with as this
> problem is only several months old. My virus and spyware scans are
> upto date and do not show any thing wrong.

http://www.dllbank.com/h/hlvdd.dll-download.html

ded

"J-McC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am having trouble running some programs on my XP-Pro computer.
> I keep getting a message about HLVDD.DLL either being missing or
> damaged. I googled it and found several references to it but the
> sites I went to wanted $9.99 to let me download it. I am a bit
> suspect of these sites that basically have you by the balls when they
> are supossed to be assisting you. I have this file (HLVDD.DLL) in my
> c:\windows\system32 directory, it is 257536 bytes and is dated
> 16-apr-2007, which might suggest it has been tampered with as this
> problem is only several months old. My virus and spyware scans are
> upto date and do not show any thing wrong.
>
> I also sometimes get a message about the "FAST hardlock driver
> hlvdd.dll failed"
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> J McC (E-Mail Removed)

hlvdd.dll = hardlock virtual device driver dynamic link lbrary

You've installed software that is protected by hardlock.
Or you haven't resubscribed and paid the fee the for the encyption key.
The easiest solution is:
Start>settings>control panel>Add/Remove programs
and uninstall Hardlock.
This of course means you won't be able to use the software it was
protecting, but you probably wasn't anyway.

Type windows error messages into the knowledgebase:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global

Free hardlock diagnostic tool
http://www.rocscience.com/downloads/hardlock.asp

J-McC

Thank you for your help, I noticed the d/l version was only 57kb.
I can not believe how much **** has been attached to my initial post.
Thanks again
J-McC
------------------------

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:29:14 +0000 (UTC), JD Cantafio <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>J-McC wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble running some programs on my XP-Pro computer.
>> I keep getting a message about HLVDD.DLL either being missing or
>> damaged. I googled it and found several references to it but the
>> sites I went to wanted $9.99 to let me download it. I am a bit
>> suspect of these sites that basically have you by the balls when they
>> are supossed to be assisting you. I have this file (HLVDD.DLL) in my
>> c:\windows\system32 directory, it is 257536 bytes and is dated
>> 16-apr-2007, which might suggest it has been tampered with as this
>> problem is only several months old. My virus and spyware scans are
>> upto date and do not show any thing wrong.
>>

>http://www.dllbank.com/h/hlvdd.dll-download.html

J-McC

Thanks for your help.
I do not recall ever downloading something that used it though.
jmcc
----------------------
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 08:36:57 +0100, "ded"
<stark.*******(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.rocscience.com/downloads/hardlock.asp

Plato

J-McC wrote:

> I am having trouble running some programs on my XP-Pro computer.
> I keep getting a message about HLVDD.DLL either being missing or
> damaged. I googled it and found several references to it but the
> sites I went to wanted $9.99 to let me download it. I am a bit

Free DLL download sites:

http://www.dll-files.com/
http://www.dlldll.com/
http://www.webzila.com/?wz=dll