Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > VB frontend to Python COM backend

VB frontend to Python COM backend

Harry George

nik <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have a VB6 application that I would like to attach to a python
> communications application.
>
> I have come across several discussions on using VB with a Python COM
> back-end, but no starting point. I haven't had anymore luck with
> google at finding out what this method is called and where to find
> more information or examples on it. I would really appreciate it if
> someone could point me in the right direction for using python objects
> from VB.
>
> Thank you,
> Nik

Search for "python win32 book". You want "Python Programming on Win32"
By Mark J.. Hammond, Andy Robinson. It covers exactly this case.

--
Harry George
PLM Engineering Architecture

nik

I have a VB6 application that I would like to attach to a python
communications application.

I have come across several discussions on using VB with a Python COM
back-end, but no starting point. I haven't had anymore luck with
google at finding out what this method is called and where to find
more information or examples on it. I would really appreciate it if
someone could point me in the right direction for using python objects
from VB.

Thank you,
Nik

Giles Brown

On 6 Jul, 06:58, nik <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a VB6 application that I would like to attach to a python
> communications application.
>
> I have come across several discussions on using VB with a Python COM
> back-end, but no starting point. I haven't had anymore luck with
> google at finding out what this method is called and where to find
> more information or examples on it. I would really appreciate it if
> someone could point me in the right direction for using python objects
> from VB.
>
> Thank you,
> Nik

Try this for starters...

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pytho...pter/ch12.html

Giles

nik

Thank you for the lead. That is exactly what I was wishing for.

Thank you,
Nik