Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > About MCSD

About MCSD

=?Utf-8?B?U3Jpbml2YXM=?=

Hi
I have 4 years of experience in c++, VC++. I dont have experience in .Net.
But I want to do the certification.
Could you guide me which certification I can do with my skill set.

Regards
Srinivas

=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=

Srinivas:
You really need to get some experience using .Net first.
If you just want a certification in C++ without the .Net, try
www.brainbench.com.

Here's what I would recommend:
1. Download Visual C++ .Net Express edition. (It's free)
2. Go through each item in the "Skills being measured" section of the 70-526
and 70-536 Preparation Guide and get familiar with each object and topic.
Write some code, look over the online-help, and of course, utilize
msdn2.microsoft.com as much as possible.

You should try to develop programs using items that are new to Visual Studio
2005, since the exams emphasize these, but you are at a disadvantage not
having used any .Net before.

Spend at least an hour on each item in the skills being measured. Spend
enough time so that you can no longer say "I don't have experience in .Net.".

The MCSD certification itself is only for C# and VB.NET. If you want to take
only C++ exams, it will have to be the MCTS and MCPD:Windows (526, 536, and
54.
Remember, however, that the certification exams are more of a test of the
..Net concepts than they are of the language itself. The tests assume you
already know one of the languages.

I would recommend against C++ .Net -- it's the "ugly step-sister" of
Microsoft Learning. All the MOCs deal with C# and VB only (at least the one's
I've looked at or taught have been that way). You might want to consider C#
-- I found it a lot easier (and I have 12+ years experience in C++).

Get .Net experience first, then start thinking about taking the exams.

"Srinivas" wrote:

> Hi
> I have 4 years of experience in c++, VC++. I dont have experience in .Net.
> But I want to do the certification.
> Could you guide me which certification I can do with my skill set.
>
> Regards
> Srinivas

=?Utf-8?B?U3Jpbml2YXM=?=

Thanks for your reply

Regards
Srinivas

"LarryWestMCSD" wrote:

> Srinivas:
> You really need to get some experience using .Net first.
> If you just want a certification in C++ without the .Net, try
> www.brainbench.com.
>
> Here's what I would recommend:
> 1. Download Visual C++ .Net Express edition. (It's free)
> 2. Go through each item in the "Skills being measured" section of the 70-526
> and 70-536 Preparation Guide and get familiar with each object and topic.
> Write some code, look over the online-help, and of course, utilize
> msdn2.microsoft.com as much as possible.
>
> You should try to develop programs using items that are new to Visual Studio
> 2005, since the exams emphasize these, but you are at a disadvantage not
> having used any .Net before.
>
> Spend at least an hour on each item in the skills being measured. Spend
> enough time so that you can no longer say "I don't have experience in .Net.".
>
> The MCSD certification itself is only for C# and VB.NET. If you want to take
> only C++ exams, it will have to be the MCTS and MCPD:Windows (526, 536, and
> 54.
> Remember, however, that the certification exams are more of a test of the
> .Net concepts than they are of the language itself. The tests assume you
> already know one of the languages.
>
> I would recommend against C++ .Net -- it's the "ugly step-sister" of
> Microsoft Learning. All the MOCs deal with C# and VB only (at least the one's
> I've looked at or taught have been that way). You might want to consider C#
> -- I found it a lot easier (and I have 12+ years experience in C++).
>
> Get .Net experience first, then start thinking about taking the exams.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS x5, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
>

> "Srinivas" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I have 4 years of experience in c++, VC++. I dont have experience in .Net.
> > But I want to do the certification.
> > Could you guide me which certification I can do with my skill set.
> >
> > Regards
> > Srinivas

=?Utf-8?B?TmVlZCBoZWxwZnVsIGluZm9ybWF0aW9u?=

Hi Srinivas,
My name is RaviKiran, i have been working in IT industry
since 3 years, i am also working into VC++ & MFC, even i 2 wated to do .Net
certification. I understand that i need to learn c# to get certification, now
i am actually doing that process. If you have already started the process
Could you plz guide me better way & approach to make process smoother and
easier.
you can contact me at my mail id :

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi Kiran

MCSD vs MCSD.net Maria MCSD 0 07-18-2003 09:26 PM
MCSD vs MCSD.net Georges MCSD 0 07-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments