Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Access to network drive through webpart is denied

Access to network drive through webpart is denied

Indo77 Indo77 is offline
Junior Member

I have big problems running a webpart in Sharepoint that will allow a student access to their network drive from outside the college. The problem is not with the code, but either permissions or the web.config file. When I test the script out on my development machine, it works fine and accesses the network drive, based on my Windows login information. However this is not the case with Sharepoint. I have tried everything from <idenity impersonate="true"> to giving full permissions on the ASPNET and Network Service accounts within Windows Server 2003. Can anyone suggest where I should go with this?