Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Putting photos on CD

Reply
Thread Tools

Putting photos on CD

 
 
Marcus372
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2007
I'm new to this group so if I'm in the wrong place someone will
probably put me right.
I am looking for software - possibly similar to Roxio drag to disc -
that will allow me to put camera images sagely away on to CD.
The snag is money is a bit tight. Ideally the software should be
freeware or cheap.
Can anyone out there help?
All advice will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Marcus

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Heslop
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2007
Marcus372 wrote:
>
> I'm new to this group so if I'm in the wrong place someone will
> probably put me right.
> I am looking for software - possibly similar to Roxio drag to disc -
> that will allow me to put camera images sagely away on to CD.
> The snag is money is a bit tight. Ideally the software should be
> freeware or cheap.
> Can anyone out there help?
> All advice will be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
> Marcus


If you're just talking storage and you're running windows xp then you
can drag and drop any files to a cd.

--
Paul (Please dont take a picture)
-------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dwight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2007
"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Marcus372 wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to this group so if I'm in the wrong place someone will
>> probably put me right.
>> I am looking for software - possibly similar to Roxio drag to disc -
>> that will allow me to put camera images sagely away on to CD.
>> The snag is money is a bit tight. Ideally the software should be
>> freeware or cheap.
>> Can anyone out there help?
>> All advice will be appreciated.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Marcus

>
> If you're just talking storage and you're running windows xp then you
> can drag and drop any files to a cd.
>
> --
> Paul (Please dont take a picture)


If he wants more than just drag 'n' drop, there's always Picasa. The price
is right.
http://picasa.google.com/#utm_source...&utm_medium=et

dwight
www.tfrog93.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
Marcus372 wrote:
> I'm new to this group so if I'm in the wrong place someone will
> probably put me right.
> I am looking for software - possibly similar to Roxio drag to disc -
> that will allow me to put camera images sagely away on to CD.
> The snag is money is a bit tight. Ideally the software should be
> freeware or cheap.
> Can anyone out there help?
> All advice will be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.
> Marcus
>

If you have Windows XP, you don't need any special software, just drag
and drop the files onto the CD icon.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Cohen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-06-2007
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Marcus372 wrote:
>> I'm new to this group so if I'm in the wrong place someone will
>> probably put me right.
>> I am looking for software - possibly similar to Roxio drag to disc -
>> that will allow me to put camera images sagely away on to CD.
>> The snag is money is a bit tight. Ideally the software should be
>> freeware or cheap.
>> Can anyone out there help?
>> All advice will be appreciated.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Marcus
>>

> If you have Windows XP, you don't need any special software, just drag
> and drop the files onto the CD icon.


I found the native windows xp method not too good, forget all the
reasons. If as someone suggested Picassa burns a cd, you can use that.
Before I got an external burner with bundled software, I used burn4free.
It's simple, very good and is free. There are others, but I liked this
one the best.
Dave Cohen
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ron Hunter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2007
Dave Cohen wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Marcus372 wrote:
>>> I'm new to this group so if I'm in the wrong place someone will
>>> probably put me right.
>>> I am looking for software - possibly similar to Roxio drag to disc -
>>> that will allow me to put camera images sagely away on to CD.
>>> The snag is money is a bit tight. Ideally the software should be
>>> freeware or cheap.
>>> Can anyone out there help?
>>> All advice will be appreciated.
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>> Marcus
>>>

>> If you have Windows XP, you don't need any special software, just drag
>> and drop the files onto the CD icon.

>
> I found the native windows xp method not too good, forget all the
> reasons. If as someone suggested Picassa burns a cd, you can use that.
> Before I got an external burner with bundled software, I used burn4free.
> It's simple, very good and is free. There are others, but I liked this
> one the best.
> Dave Cohen


The WinXP method is pretty basic. Select the files, drag to the CD
icon, and when all are moved to the buffer storage, tell XP to make the
CD. It works. Nothing fancy, but functional.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
putting photos onto dvd Steve Charlton Computer Support 5 12-11-2005 04:46 PM
Putting photos on a CD that can be read on other PC's Pete Digital Photography 12 12-04-2004 12:49 AM
some help with putting scanned photos on vcd, please col Digital Photography 3 06-02-2004 11:23 PM
Difference between putting code in constructor and putting code in static{} Saurabh Java 6 05-30-2004 02:44 PM
Misc mountain photos and beach sunrise photos beachpirate2 Digital Photography 1 11-12-2003 04:41 PM



Advertisments