Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Driver intialization sequence

Driver intialization sequence

=?Utf-8?B?ZnJlZA==?=

I recently added a computer to an existing wireless network. My problem is
that apparently the drivers load too soon in the startup process. On
startup, the computer will not connect to the network. It is a USB wireless
adapter. If you disconnect the adapter and reconnect it (to reload the
dirver), the computer connects with no problems. I found a fix for this
problem for Windows CE, but not XP. Anyone have any ideas on how I can
change the startup sequence?

Pavel A.

No, this can't be caused by too early loading of the WLAN driver.
Look somewhere else (do you use 802.1x? 3rd party config utilities?)
--PA

"fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I recently added a computer to an existing wireless network. My problem is
> that apparently the drivers load too soon in the startup process. On
> startup, the computer will not connect to the network. It is a USB wireless
> adapter. If you disconnect the adapter and reconnect it (to reload the
> dirver), the computer connects with no problems. I found a fix for this
> problem for Windows CE, but not XP. Anyone have any ideas on how I can
> change the startup sequence?

=?Utf-8?B?ZnJlZA==?=

I am using a linksys 802.11b USB adapter, running the standard drivers
included with the adapter, and the standard XP interface.

Intialization john VHDL 0 09-22-2005 05:03 PM
Intialization of State machine john VHDL 2 07-05-2005 12:01 PM

Advertisments