Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Dynamic sitemap contents

Dynamic sitemap contents

Max2006

Hi,

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 siteMap provider.

I need to make the title of one of my siteMapNode elements dynamic. That
means the title should be "Profile" for logged in users and "Register" for
anonymous users. How can I do that?

Thank you,

Max

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Max,

From your description, you're using ASP.NET 2.0 sitemap provider and
display the sitemap info on the page, currently you're wondering how to
customize the data values for a certain sitemapNode at runtime depend on
the user's login status, correct?

As for this question, I think what we shall do depend on how you use the
sitemapProvider(siteMapDatasource?).

If you're use the SiteMappath and want to customize the display of the
current Node, you can use the SiteMap's SiteMapResolve event:

#How to: Programmatically Modify Site-Map Nodes in Memory
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...25(VS.80).aspx

If you're using other Navigation control(such as TreeView and Menu) and
want to customize one or more nodes in them, you may consider use the
TreeView.TreeNodeDataBound or Menu.MenuItemDataBound event to customize the
certain Node:

==============
protected void Menu1_MenuItemDataBound(object sender, MenuEventArgs e)
{
Response.Write("<br/>Menu1_MenuItemDataBound+" +e.Item.Text);
e.Item.Text = e.Item.Text + "_xxxxxxx";
}

protected void TreeView1_TreeNodeDataBound(object sender, TreeNodeEventArgs
e)
{
Response.Write("<br/>TreeView1_TreeNodeDataBound+" + e.Node.Text);
e.Node.Text = e.Node.Text + "_xxxxxxxx";
}

How do you think? If you have any other ideas or questions, please feel
free to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead