Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dial Up Networking in Windows XP

Dial Up Networking in Windows XP

Capt. Barbossa

Quick question. I have some folks tell me you can uninstall and
reinstall dial up networking on Windows XP however im pretty sure they
made this a core OS function starting with Windows 2000. Who's right?

Boscoe

"Capt. Barbossa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:468cde9b$0$3573$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Quick question. I have some folks tell me you can uninstall and reinstall
> dial up networking on Windows XP however im pretty sure they made this a
> core OS function starting with Windows 2000. Who's right?

You're right. Deleting Dial-Up Networking only applies to Windows 98 (SE)
and ME. Dial-Up Networking cannot be deleted on Windows 2000 and XP.