Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > VCD does not play in DVD

VCD does not play in DVD

michael

I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
Michael

Oldus Fartus

michael wrote:
> I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
> The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
> Michael

Have you converted the AVI files to MPEG? Many DVD players will not
play AVI files.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

The Old Sourdough

On 2007-07-05, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, michael waxed eloquently:
> I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
> The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
> Michael

What sort of problems are you having?
Does your DVD player support VCD playback?
Could you be a little more vague?
Details are never necessary, since everyone here is clairvoyant.

--
The Old Sourdough
THE DAILY PLANET

SingaporeWebDesign

Hello,

To add on to the others, some players are not compatible with CD-RW discs,
if that is what you are using.

--
Singapore Website Design
http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/

"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UJ0ji.25238$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
> The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
> Michael

michael

Thank you all.
My DVD plays VCDs per its manual and I am not using a CD-RW.
I create the VCDs using Nero's which transfers the avi files to mpeg files.
I am sure the problem is not in creating the VCD.

"The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On 2007-07-05, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, michael waxed eloquently:
>> I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
>> The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
>> Michael
>>

> What sort of problems are you having?
> Does your DVD player support VCD playback?
> Could you be a little more vague?
> Details are never necessary, since everyone here is clairvoyant.
>

> --
> The Old Sourdough
> THE DAILY PLANET
> SUPERMAN SAVES DESSERT!
> Plans to "Eat it later"

ded

"michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gI7ji.1499$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Thank you all.
> My DVD plays VCDs per its manual and I am not using a CD-RW.
> I create the VCDs using Nero's which transfers the avi files to mpeg
> files.
> I am sure the problem is not in creating the VCD.

You're confident you are not burning data disks and you are selecting for
nero to burn as a VCD, and you are selecting correct standard - NTSC
or PAL or Secam as required? The disk is finalised?
The brand of blank disks, had problems with them before?
Example if you were to burn an audio CD with same brand
does that play?

Budweiser

"SingaporeWebDesign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:f6ilq1$fni$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> To add on to the others, some players are not compatible with CD-RW discs,
> if that is what you are using.
>
> --
> Singapore Website Design
> http://www.bootstrike.com/Webdesign/
> Singapore Web Hosting
> http://www.bootstrike.com/WinXP/faq.html
> Windows XP FAQ
>
> "michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:UJ0ji.25238$(E-Mail Removed). net...
>>I am having a problem playing VCDs on my DVD.
>> The VCD are personal avi files burnt by Nero
>> Michael

To make it even more basic -- have you ever been able to play a vcd disc
that either you have burnt or someone has lent you?