Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Remember password

Remember password

Ton den Hartog

Hi,

when I create a simple login page with a password type input field, Firefox
does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for this to happen
?

Ton

rf

"Ton den Hartog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:468c90c7$0$326$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Hi,
>
> when I create a simple login page with a password type input field,
> Firefox does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for this
> to happen

You need to check "Remember passwords for sites" in the options for *your*
copy of firefox.

--
Richard.

Ton den Hartog

That is already done but a simple page like below doesn't trigget FF to ask
to remember...

Ton

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<form name="form1" onsubmit="alert('Hello');">
<input type="password" name="textfield">
</form>

"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yR0ji.3542$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ton den Hartog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:468c90c7$0$326$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I create a simple login page with a password type input field,
>> Firefox does not ask me to remember the passwords. What is needed for
>> this to happen

> You need to check "Remember passwords for sites" in the options for *your*
> copy of firefox.
>
> --
> Richard.

rf

"Ton den Hartog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:468c9d3c$0$320$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> That is already done but a simple page like below doesn't trigget FF to
> ask to remember...

> <form name="form1" onsubmit="alert('Hello');">
> <input type="password" name="textfield">
> </form>

Probably because it is not a valid form. The required "action" attribute is
missing. I would imagine the browser would use the contents of the action
attribute, along with the URL of the page, as a key to the saved pasword. No
action, no save. More to the point, no action, no *need* to save since that
form is not going anywhere.

As the specification state about action: "User agent behaviour for a value
other than an HTTP URI is undefined".

--
Richard.