Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Two ethernet connection on two router

Two ethernet connection on two router

Pawel

Hello,

I want to connect two 2950 cisco routers with two ethernet
connections. When one fails second still exist. But when two connection
exist speed between router is 200mbps. Is this possible ? What services on
router should I use ?

Thanks
Pawel R.

Walter Roberson

In article <f6gbuf$23$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Pawel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to connect two 2950 cisco routers with two ethernet
>connections. When one fails second still exist. But when two connection
>exist speed between router is 200mbps. Is this possible ? What services on
>router should I use ?

etherchannel

See, e.g.,

Trendkill

On Jul 4, 10:53 am, (E-Mail Removed) (Walter Roberson) wrote:
> In article <f6gbuf$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> Pawel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I want to connect two 2950 cisco routers with two ethernet
> >connections. When one fails second still exist. But when two connection
> >exist speed between router is 200mbps. Is this possible ? What services on
> >router should I use ?

> etherchannel
>
> See, e.g.,http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/172.html

Create a virtual channel interface as an access port in the proper
vlan, assign your two fast ethernet interfaces into that virtual
channel interface, and you should be good to go. 100 mbps if one is
down, 200 mbps if up. You will have to do this on both switches.