Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .NET 2.0 Custom Web.Config section and Intellisense

.NET 2.0 Custom Web.Config section and Intellisense

Jon

Hello all,

I have created a custom web.confif section and all works fine.
However, is there a way to add intellisense to the elements? For
example, one of the elements can only be INTERNAL or EXTERNAL, so I'd
like these to drop down in an intellisense box. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Jon

David R. Longnecker

Jon-

You can configure Visual Studio's intellisense using custom XSD files. A
good reference is Aaron's blog entry here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...07/501466.aspx

It's fairly deep, so I've never seen much value unless you have a great deal
of customization that you're rolling out to a team of developers or such.
But, as with most things, it's there if needed.

Good luck!

-dl

--
David R. Longnecker