Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > user control ambiguous in the namespace

user control ambiguous in the namespace

g@work

Hello,

I got the following error on a .net 1.1 application:

'mycontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace '_ASP'

The problem appears when I call 2 user controls on the same page, they
both have the same name but they are located in a different folder and
they dont have a code behind.

This problem was not apparent on the staging machine but it is on live
environment. Reading through other posts having the same problem, it
seems that has to do something with setting debug = false, however
noone till now seems to offer a proper solution (other than setting
debug = true)

Can anyone help please??

Thanks

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

try using ClassName attribute on @Control directive so that they are
different between these ascx files

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...4b(vs.80).aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

"g@work" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hello,
>
> I got the following error on a .net 1.1 application:
>
> 'mycontrol_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace '_ASP'
>
> The problem appears when I call 2 user controls on the same page, they
> both have the same name but they are located in a different folder and
> they dont have a code behind.
>
> This problem was not apparent on the staging machine but it is on live
> environment. Reading through other posts having the same problem, it
> seems that has to do something with setting debug = false, however
> noone till now seems to offer a proper solution (other than setting
> debug = true)
>
> Can anyone help please??
>

> Thanks

g@work

Thanks so much for this!

It seems to work, I will do some more testing and I ll come back if
the problem persist.