Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET / V2.0 / Master Pages + App_Code

ASP.NET / V2.0 / Master Pages + App_Code

TonyBushell

Hi All,

I need some help with the following:

I am building a CMS to bolt onto an existing website. The CMS will be
uploaded to the existing site off a folder say CMS_ADMIN/ for
example.

During the build stages of the CMS, the master pages and classes in
the app_code folder are all referencing okay and working as expected.

Now that I am publishing to a test server, I have copied over the CMS
to a folder named cms_admin/. When running the admin I stumble across
a number of issues.

1. The master page is not being found: It's reference "~/master-pages/
cms.master". I assume this is looking in the existing sites location
to find the folder and master page as when I copy into the folder
system above this works fine.

2. Any class files are not being found. There is an App_Code folder in
the existing site, but I dont want to publish the admin class files
here.

Is there a way to reference both the master and class files so that
they work both locally (where the did anyway) and on the published
server?

FYI - Both are setup with ASP.NET V2.0