Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Task manager

Task manager

jim fisher

Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
35.

Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
high % ??

Bucky Breeder

jim fisher <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
> PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
> new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
> 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
> 35.
>
> Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
> high % ??

Click the processes tab and see what that says. I use XP, and that
view has 2 1/2 screens [scrolling downward] of processes.

--

http://tinyurl.com/35r7xx

If: Your girlfriend's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan,
or you think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a
different night of the week, or you've been married 3 times
and still have the same in-laws,

then, you *might* be bona-fide trailer trash!

ToyalP2

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 02:31:13 GMT, jim fisher <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
>PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
>new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
>22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
>35.
>
>Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
>high % ??

Replace Task Manager with Process Explorer.
Download it from www.sysinternals.com unzip it to a folder then execute
procexp.exe. Once open click on Options and check Replace Task Manager.
Process Explorer gives you tons of info and let's you do a lot more to a
process than just delete it or stop it.
From then on when you do Crtl+Alt+del Process Explorer will open instead
of Task Manager.

Have fun.

Plato

jim fisher wrote:

> Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
> PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
> new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
> 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
> 35.

Sounds like you have a virus or trojan at work 24/7.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

ded

"jim fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
> PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
> new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
> 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
> 35.
>
> Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
> high % ??

If you type "csrss.exe" into google, the results will include MS knowledge
base articles, previous posts, and many articles.
Your problem could be caused by a corrupt user profile.
But also it could be the ahem virus, web bus trojan, or user settings....
You have a lot of reading to do...

Some examples from the search:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555021
http://www.joryanick.com/fixingCSRSS.htm
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/startup/csrss.exe.php

Mr. Arnold

"jim fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Task Manager is showing 100% cpu and no applicatiojs. I am using XP
> PRO, Dell Dimension 8200, 2 ghz board, 1 gig memory. This is something
> new as it used to show 10 or so %. it showsprocesses as task manager
> 22, avp.exe 04, explorer.exe 22, csrss.exe 13, SBCSSvx.exe 04, System
> 35.
>
> Is this enough info for some one to tell me what is causing such a
> high % ??

Use Process Explorer and go look at what's running. You can see all the
DLL's or other processes that are being hosted by a running process. You can
also Right-Click a running process and get more information too. You can do
that in the lower pane too, right-click.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...Explorer.shtml
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...s/default.mspx

Other tools are being talked about in the link.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/klw1