Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gates loses his crown to a Mexican

Gates loses his crown to a Mexican

GreenieLeBrun

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/...section=justin

I guess this means that there will be a price rise across the Microsoft
range of products.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

GreenieLeBrun wrote:
> http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/...section=justin
>
> I guess this means that there will be a price rise across the Microsoft
> range of products.

Yeah, but that was in pesos.

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:07:51 -0400, R˘gŕr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GreenieLeBrun wrote:
>> http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/...section=justin
>>
>> I guess this means that there will be a price rise across the Microsoft
>> range of products.

>Yeah, but that was in pesos.

Gates is giving away his money as fast as he can, otherwise, he would
probably still be the top dog.

Altie

Vanguard

"GreenieLeBrun" wrote in message
news:f6eovk$52r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/...section=justin
>
> I guess this means that there will be a price rise across the
> Microsoft range of products.

Pretty easy to pass someone on the street that has their brakes on. If
Bill wasn't giving so much money away (see
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm) then he would probably be
number one, but that depends on how you measure being number one. As
typical of low-grade entry-level journalists, this blurb of an article
gives no mention regarding the charities to which Helu donates, if any.

Helu is richer by $9 billion than Gates because of a fluctuation in
share price in America Movil. I have to wonder over what period Forbes
averages the incomes since obviously there would be daily changes if
fortunes were measure by dynamic and daily stock prices. We'd have a
richest-of-the-day alert.

"The Gateses have long said they intend to give much of their fortune,
pegged at $51 billion by Forbes magazine, to the foundation, and Mr.
Gates is ceding day-to-day control of Microsoft to devote himself to
foundation work.", http://tinyurl.com/odcqo. No, Bill ain't no saint
(although maybe he's trying to buy his way there), but exceeding Bill's
$56B by $9B without knowing how much is coming in to sustain it and how
much of a drain (charity stuff) is on it doesn't really tell you how
rich they are. After all, with a few billion here and a several billion
there, would you really miss a couple billion? ):-O

So I suppose now some of the richman bashing of Gates will migrate to
Helu.

ClueLess

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:48:56 -0500, "Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So I suppose now some of the richman bashing of Gates will migrate to
>Helu.

IMHO Gates bashing is not just because he is rich

ClueLess