Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Edit PDF

Edit PDF

Tester

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:50:03 GMT, "DBP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
>a PDF.

If you want to fill in some spaces in a form PDF and save what you've
filled in, you can get Cute PDF from Acro Software. Google it. There's
a free evaluation version which leaves a reasonably discrete ad in the
margins.

PDF files are related to Postscript files. Postscript is a programming
language in which you mix text and formatting command. A postscript
file can be edited by any text editor. So you might be able to go from
PDF to PS (easy - just print to file using the driver for an Apple
Color Laserwriter), edit the text part of the postscript file and then
but I think it must exist. There might be one connected with the free
program Ghostscript.

why?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:25:51 GMT, Tester wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 23:50:03 GMT, "DBP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hi how do I edit a PDF document had one sent to me and was not suppose to be
>>a PDF.
>>

>If you want to fill in some spaces in a form PDF and save what you've
>filled in, you can get Cute PDF from Acro Software. Google it. There's
>a free evaluation version which leaves a reasonably discrete ad in the
>margins.
>
>PDF files are related to Postscript files. Postscript is a programming
>language in which you mix text and formatting command. A postscript

Postscript is a page description language, never liked it being called a
programming language.

>file can be edited by any text editor. So you might be able to go from

Unless the data block is in hex (still text) but only the header /
footer is plain readable text.

>PDF to PS (easy - just print to file using the driver for an Apple
>Color Laserwriter), edit the text part of the postscript file and then

A PDF printer driver, just the reverse of what you said earlier.

This has been mentioned in 24HSHD before,
www.pdf995.com/
and printer drivers from Acrobat, then CutePDF freeware uses a PS2PDF
Ghostscript converter.

>but I think it must exist. There might be one connected with the free
>program Ghostscript.

Me

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, why?

> >PDF files are related to Postscript files. Postscript is a programming
> >language in which you mix text and formatting command. A postscript

> Postscript is a page description language, never liked it being called a
> programming language.

You're right; it cannot be programming. In fact, the idea of
'formatting command' makes no sense, where a separate program is what
interprets how those will make a document look. It's formatting code,
not commands.