Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Modem problem?

Modem problem?

Jim S

Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

clot

Jim S wrote:
> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket
> all the dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

Overloaded - number of extensions? Or more simply, he didn't take out
the main telephone lead, did he?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Jim S wrote:
> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
> dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

Nother modem.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Jim S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
>dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

Assuming the modem hasn't hung up; it needs to be reset.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q124890/

Enter: ATZ <enter>
you will get: OK

--

A sign spotted outside a toilet in Seoul
http://tinyurl.com/2rks6n

Blinky the Shark

Jim S wrote:

> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone
> socket all the dialling tones on the other phones disappear.
> Solution?

Unpower the modem. Power it up again.

What? Internal modem? This is one reason you buy external modems.

--
Blinky
Killfiling all posts from Google Groups

Ben Myers

"Jim S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:d48zbz09gge1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
> dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

Please repost with more information, including which one of the devices he is
trying to use.

Ben

Jim S

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:17:49 GMT, Ben Myers wrote:

> "Jim S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:d48zbz09gge1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket all the
>> dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

> Please repost with more information, including which one of the devices he is
> trying to use.
>
> Ben

Turns out the idiot had plugged into the wrong socket on the back if his pc.
Don't ask 'cos I don't know which socket.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

clot

Jim S wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:17:49 GMT, Ben Myers wrote:
>
>> "Jim S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:d48zbz09gge1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Friend on dial-up. When he plugs his pc in to the telephone socket
>>> all the dialling tones on the other phones disappear. Solution?

>> Please repost with more information, including which one of the
>> devices he is
>> trying to use.
>>
>> Ben

> Turns out the idiot had plugged into the wrong socket on the back if
> his pc. Don't ask 'cos I don't know which socket.

Well, about right!