Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus E500 LCD

Olympus E500 LCD

JackHuntoon@gmail.com

Stupid question of the day....can you frame the shot with the LCD, ie
use it as the viewfinder? I would think it's possible but I can't
figure out how!

Thanks for any feedback either way.

John Bean

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:02:27 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>Stupid question of the day....can you frame the shot with the LCD, ie
>use it as the viewfinder? I would think it's possible but I can't
>figure out how!

You can't, so it's not your fault

Why dou you think it should be possible? A handful of SLRs
can do this but the vast majority can't, and than includes
your E-500 I'm afraid.

--
John Bean

Ray Macey

On Jul 4, 5:02 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Stupid question of the day....can you frame the shot with the LCD, ie
> use it as the viewfinder? I would think it's possible but I can't
> figure out how!

Nearly every Olympus dSLR /after/ the E-500 has this feature, but the
older ones, the E-300, the E-1 and the E-500 don't. The good news is
that if you've got some lenses on the Olympus E system, they'll be
fully compatible with all of the newer Olympus dSLRs which do have
live preview on the LCD

Ray