Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > axis web service parameters lose their names.

axis web service parameters lose their names.

jeremy

I have written a method that I expose as an axis web service. The
parameter names in my java code do not get exported correctly to the
wsdl and I don't know why.

The java method syntax looks like:

public void UpdateIt(long lId, bool bGetBooleanFields)
{
}

and the wsdl looks like (snippets):

<wsdlperation name="UpdateIt" parameterOrder="in0 in1">
<wsdl:input message="impl:UpdateItRequest" name="UpdateItRequest" /

<wsdlutput message="impl:UpdateItResponse"
name="UpdateItResponse" />
</wsdlperation>

<wsdl:message name="UpdateItRequest">
<wsdlart name="in0" type="xsd:long" />
<wsdlart name="in1" type="xsd:boolean" />
</wsdl:message>

Owen Jacobson

On Jul 3, 11:56 am, jeremy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have written a method that I expose as an axis web service. The
> parameter names in my java code do not get exported correctly to the
> wsdl and I don't know why.
>
> The java method syntax looks like:
>
> public void UpdateIt(long lId, bool bGetBooleanFields)
> {
>
> }
>
> and the wsdl looks like (snippets):
>
> <wsdlperation name="UpdateIt" parameterOrder="in0 in1">
> <wsdl:input message="impl:UpdateItRequest" name="UpdateItRequest" /
>
> <wsdlutput message="impl:UpdateItResponse"
> name="UpdateItResponse" />
> </wsdlperation>
>
> <wsdl:message name="UpdateItRequest">
> <wsdlart name="in0" type="xsd:long" />
> <wsdlart name="in1" type="xsd:boolean" />
> </wsdl:message>

If you examine the .class file you'll discover that the method
bytecode does not include names for symbols, including parameters.
You need to annotate the individual method parameters with
@WebParam(name="foo") or use the corresponding XML configuration in
order to control the names in the generated WSDL and web service
invocation mapping.