Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Intranet site suddenly stopped workig - Login failed for user

Intranet site suddenly stopped workig - Login failed for user

RobT RobT is offline
Junior Member

Hello all.

I'm currently developing and maintaining an intranet site for a small company and all was working fine before the weekend. I come back to find out all hell has broken loose.

Any page works fine until a SQL command is being called. I then get an error:

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
.
.
.
[SqlException (0x80131904): Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.]

Now, I checked IIS, and anonymous login is disabled and windows authentication is enabled. Automatic Updates were not installed on the server computer. I've checked whether the application is actually catching the user's login identification by printing it to a label and it works. So I'm confused why the app is trying to connect to the SQL server using an anonymous login.

Another interesting thing is on the server computer, the site works fine!! All pages and SQL queries can be browsed on the server machine. It also works when I debug the site on my machine with Visual Studios 2005. However when I try to browse the page on my machine normally through an internet browser, I get the same problem. Very strange indeed.

Anyone have any ideas? Again, the site was WORKING before the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by RobT; 07-03-2007 at 06:07 PM..