Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Render ASP via ASP.net page.

Render ASP via ASP.net page.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

Hello all,

It is possible to render an ASP page in a ASP.net page? Options such as
re-writing the ASP page isn't an option at the moment so any pointers on the
above would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

Patrice

Or you could have ASP and ASP.NET pages on the same site (especially if you
don't use extensively session variables as they are not shared).

If you meant show the ASP page as part of an ASPX page you could use an
iframe.

---
Patrice

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Hello all,
>
> It is possible to render an ASP page in a ASP.net page? Options such as
> re-writing the ASP page isn't an option at the moment so any pointers on
> the
> above would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Mike

If you can't rewrite the asp to .NET then leave it be. I don't see any
reason or benefit in running ASP code on a .aspx page.

You can't run ASP and ASP.NET under the same site. You can create a new
virtual directory to run you .NET pages and point your code to there but
again, if you don't have time to convert it over to .NET and it has to stay
as ASP then just leave it as ASP.

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
>
> It is possible to render an ASP page in a ASP.net page? Options such as
> re-writing the ASP page isn't an option at the moment so any pointers on
> the
> above would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Patrice

More precisely ASP and ASP.NET pages won't share sessions for example as
they are handled by a distinct "engine" but you can have both ASP and
ASP.NET pages at the same location (including in the same physical
directory).

--
Patrice

(E-Mail Removed)...