Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to implement a UML tool in Java?

How to implement a UML tool in Java?

tony

Hi, all!
I want to implement a UML tool in Java.
Where should I get started?
What books should I read? What APIs should I learn and use?
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you!

timjowers

On Jul 2, 10:56 pm, tony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, all!
> I want to implement a UML tool in Java.
> Where should I get started?
> What books should I read? What APIs should I learn and use?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
> Thank you!

Can you give more info? have you looked at ArgoUML and FUJABA?

Oliver Wong

"tony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f6ch6c$lpv$(E-Mail Removed)99.com...
> Hi, all!
> I want to implement a UML tool in Java.

The answer to all your question depends on your skill level, which you
haven't given any indication of.

> Where should I get started?

Start by learning Java, if you haven't already done so.

> What books should I read?

Too vague to even attempt to answer.

> What APIs should I learn and use?

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/

- Oliver

Mark Space

tony wrote:
> Hi, all!
> I want to implement a UML tool in Java.
> Where should I get started?
> What books should I read? What APIs should I learn and use?
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
> Thank you!

The first rule in programming is creative laziness.

http://uml.netbeans.org/

Free UML tool staff Java 4 01-11-2005 12:38 PM
[OT] "UML for Java Programmers" or "UML Distilled" Rogue Chameleon Java 0 10-18-2004 02:27 PM
[OT] UML question / UML newsgroup Stefan Siegl Java 0 09-06-2004 08:40 AM
Java Eclipse UML tool - white paper abstract Paul Wells Java 0 03-01-2004 12:30 PM

Advertisments