Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Gimp expert--I need help

Reply
Thread Tools

Gimp expert--I need help

 
 
stephentimko@my-deja.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2007
I have to edit files set up in Photoshop. The Gimp works for
everything except one problem I can't figure out how to solve.
The Photoshop files have text layers. I need to be able to change the
words of the text using the same exact features as set up in
PhotoShop. I can call the files up, select the text layers and erase
the text, but I can't figure out how to then type in text so it has
the same characteristics as it had in Photoshop. And I don't have time
or the smarts to go through each one and try to set it up the same
way.
So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roger Spencelayh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
wrote:
> I have to edit files set up in Photoshop.


<Snip>

> So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?
>


If you don't get an answer here, there's a GIMP group at
comp.graphics.apps.gimp

--
Roger

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
stephentimko@my-deja.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2007
Thanks Roger
On Jul 3, 1:31 am, Roger Spencelayh <spencelayhathotmaildotcodotuk>
wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> wrote:
>
> > I have to edit files set up in Photoshop.

>
> <Snip>
>
> > So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?

>
> If you don't get an answer here, there's a GIMP group at
> comp.graphics.apps.gimp
>
> --
> Roger



 
Reply With Quote
 
timeOday
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have to edit files set up in Photoshop. The Gimp works for
> everything except one problem I can't figure out how to solve.
> The Photoshop files have text layers. I need to be able to change the
> words of the text using the same exact features as set up in
> PhotoShop. I can call the files up, select the text layers and erase
> the text, but I can't figure out how to then type in text so it has
> the same characteristics as it had in Photoshop. And I don't have time
> or the smarts to go through each one and try to set it up the same
> way.
> So what am I missing that I can't edit text in a Photoshop file?
>


Did you try bringing up the layers dialog, right-clicking on the text
layer, and selecting "text tool"?

I don't have PhotoShop so I don't know if that works or not.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Garry Knight
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I can call the files up, select the text layers and erase
> the text, but I can't figure out how to then type in text so it has
> the same characteristics as it had in Photoshop.


Try this, but I can't guarantee it will work. Don't erase the text. Just put
the cursor after the first word of the existing text and type the new text.
Now carefully erase the old text. Does this work?

--
Garry Knight
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i need help with gimp sxclorna69 Digital Photography 1 07-05-2007 10:27 PM
Gimp Help Opens With Wrong Program tsantsa Computer Support 2 05-18-2005 10:38 AM
Gimp invocation from Java monochromec@web.de Java 1 05-17-2005 06:20 PM
I'm a buckpiddaling gimp, three times!! -Cryogenic- Computer Support 6 04-30-2004 04:45 PM
Does anyone use gimp? clutch@lycos.com Digital Photography 10 01-31-2004 06:49 PM



Advertisments