Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > A4 Document/Photo Scanners

A4 Document/Photo Scanners

John

I am looking at A4 Document/Photo Scanners and have been considering
the Epson V100/V200/V350 range at the lower price range and also the
V700 at the higher end of things.

Can anyone tell me whether the V700 is worth the difference in price
over the V100/V200/V350's for the scanning of photos? I have noticed
that the V700 has Digital Ice and has the optical density of 4.0D,
whereas there doesn't seem to be any Digital Ice on the
V100/V200/V350's which have optical density of 3.2D. If I am scanning
a bunch of old photos and/or slides and negatives, will there be a
really big difference using the V700 with Digital Ice?

The Epson Perfection V100/V200/V350's are ranging in price between 60
and 90, and the V700 is around 350. Is it worth the extra few
hundred quid (400%+ price premium) and the extra time scanning with
Digital Ice or can you still get good results with the V100/ V200/
V350's? Do these lower priced scanners provide anything worthwhile in
regards to dust removal or do you really need Digital Ice for that?

Cheers

John

Paul

John wrote:
> I am looking at A4 Document/Photo Scanners and have been considering
> the Epson V100/V200/V350 range at the lower price range and also the
> V700 at the higher end of things.
>
> Can anyone tell me whether the V700 is worth the difference in price
> over the V100/V200/V350's for the scanning of photos? I have noticed
> that the V700 has Digital Ice and has the optical density of 4.0D,
> whereas there doesn't seem to be any Digital Ice on the
> V100/V200/V350's which have optical density of 3.2D. If I am scanning
> a bunch of old photos and/or slides and negatives, will there be a
> really big difference using the V700 with Digital Ice?
>
> The Epson Perfection V100/V200/V350's are ranging in price between 60
> and 90, and the V700 is around 350. Is it worth the extra few
> hundred quid (400%+ price premium) and the extra time scanning with
> Digital Ice or can you still get good results with the V100/ V200/
> V350's? Do these lower priced scanners provide anything worthwhile in
> regards to dust removal or do you really need Digital Ice for that?
>
> Cheers
>
> John

There is a review here.

http://www.macworld.com/2006/07/revi...v700/index.php

One question I have, is how long it would take to do a scan at 4800
or 6400 DPI. The scan time tests are done at a lower resolution.

Paul

VLANs and scanners Pete Cisco 2 03-16-2006 01:04 AM
barcode scanners worked before SP2 =?Utf-8?B?c2x1ZGxvdw==?= Wireless Networking 1 08-23-2005 05:28 PM
Firefox & on-line virus scanners Geese_Hunter Firefox 0 04-01-2004 02:45 PM
Bar code scanners on a web application ? Mike Smith ASP .Net 1 03-01-2004 11:31 AM
Hiding a PIX from nmap and port-scanners. Francois Labreque Cisco 1 11-11-2003 06:42 AM

Advertisments