Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Torrent sites very slow?

Torrent sites very slow?

Hal Clark

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:09:55 -0700, Pennywise wrote:

> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I use TorrentsTo, Pirate Bay, Mininova and others.
>>Recently searches have been very slow to display the results and clicking to
>>download a torrent it may take ages, sometimes so long I have given up.
>>No problem with other IE pages or general internet use. PC is clean of
>>malware etc. and temp files cleaned.
>>Also tried Firefox, no difference.
>>Anyone else experiencing similar?
>>Is it likely my ISP is restricting access to torrent sites, I use
>>Madasafish?

> My ISP reduces the speed of torrents, like in half.
>
> Test your speed when this happens
> http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=97
> or
> http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

I started to download freesspire with bittorrent. It was going to take
something like 5 hours, so I stoped it and downdoaded it with http. It
took something like 30 minutes

Kenny

--

Kenny

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use TorrentsTo, Pirate Bay, Mininova and others.
>Recently searches have been very slow to display the results and clicking to
>download a torrent it may take ages, sometimes so long I have given up.
>No problem with other IE pages or general internet use. PC is clean of
>malware etc. and temp files cleaned.
>Also tried Firefox, no difference.
>Anyone else experiencing similar?
>Is it likely my ISP is restricting access to torrent sites, I use
>Madasafish?

My ISP reduces the speed of torrents, like in half.

Test your speed when this happens
http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=97
or
http://www.giganews.com/test_connect.html

--

What happened before the Big Bang?
http://tinyurl.com/2brkrj

Clogwog

"Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I use TorrentsTo, Pirate Bay, Mininova and others.
> Recently searches have been very slow to display the results and clicking
> download a torrent it may take ages, sometimes so long I have given up.
> No problem with other IE pages or general internet use. PC is clean of
> malware etc. and temp files cleaned.
> Also tried Firefox, no difference.
> Anyone else experiencing similar?
> Is it likely my ISP is restricting access to torrent sites, I use
> Madasafish?

Demonoid trackers are down!
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-...down-demonoid/

> --
>
> Kenny

Tony Tee

> Demonoid trackers are down!
> http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-...down-demonoid/

Where can I download files, similar to demonoid?
Any other places I could sign up to download films with?

Rolf

news:f6c0cv$ok$(E-Mail Removed)...

/

> Where can I download files, similar to demonoid?
> Any other places I could sign up to download films with?

I don't know anything about Demonoid, but have been using µToorent a little
bit. Learned from my grandson....

But I wnated to see if Demonoid might have antything to offer to an old
man - but seems I need an invitation.
Anyone care to invite me?

Rolf

Your Best Friend

Rolf wrote:
> "Tony Tee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f6c0cv$ok$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Demonoid trackers are down!
>>>

> http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-...-down-demonoid
> /
>>
>> Where can I download files, similar to demonoid?
>> Any other places I could sign up to download films with?
>>

> I don't know anything about Demonoid, but have been using µToorent a little
> bit. Learned from my grandson....
>
> But I wnated to see if Demonoid might have antything to offer to an old
> man - but seems I need an invitation.
> Anyone care to invite me?
>
> Rolf

www.torrentspy.com