Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Logging file sctivity in selected directories

Logging file sctivity in selected directories

Niels Jespersen

Hello

We need to log file activity, or rather we need to log who is doing what
to which files in selected directories. We are talking shared
directories on Windows 2003 file servers.

Enabling audit on the directories does of course provide logging in the
event log, but the resulting log information is anything but easy to use.

CA has some tools that can provide a more straightforward audit-trail
but we would prefer not to roll out the very large CA-cannon, if there
are more specific tools available to do the job.

So, does anyone have any experience with tools to do the above-mentioned
logging?

Niels Jespersen