Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ping Requests - How to block?

Ping Requests - How to block?

WhzzKdd

"Lowe Stokes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f6a6ir$ic0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks to everyone who responded, all of you helped me. Before I came
> here I had no clue, I only knew that something wasn't right. Thanks to
> suggestions of the people in this thread, I discovered where to go and I
> fixed my problem.
>
> When Charter installed my service I didn't get any instructions or
> anything, no booklets, no advice about how to do what all of you told me
> how to do. They just came in and installed the modem, ran a couple of
> wires and were gone.
>
> Anyway,
>
> I was able to access the website of 192.168.0.1 and modify my settings.
>
> Here is what I did to solve the ping problem:
>
> DmZ Host - Unchecked Respond to Ping
>
> and I also changed the Remote Management setting to what I have below.
>
> Remote Management - Unchecked Allow Remote Management
>
> Now all the tests pass and I feel much more safe and secure. Thanks
> everyone.

Ah - but did you turn off the radio? If not, your neighbors could be using
YOUR Internet connection. Or examining the contents of your PC.