Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Roaming profile problem

Roaming profile problem

Stef

I'm using windows 2003 server with sp2.
I have created a folder on the e: partition of a domain controller for
profiles. The share permission is 'everyone' full control, the ntfs
permissions are created when the user logs on. I have also edited the domain
policy to add admins to the roaming profile.

I have created several users, all can logon without problem but i, using my
domain admin account on the server, cannot access or change the profile,
access is denied. What is reponsible for this?

thanks

catwalker63

Stef piffled away vaguely:

> I'm using windows 2003 server with sp2.
> I have created a folder on the e: partition of a domain controller for
> profiles. The share permission is 'everyone' full control, the ntfs
> permissions are created when the user logs on. I have also edited the domain
> policy to add admins to the roaming profile.
>
> I have created several users, all can logon without problem but i, using my
> domain admin account on the server, cannot access or change the profile,
> access is denied. What is reponsible for this?
>
> thanks

When the profile directory is created, ntfs permissions are set to
give only the user access. That denies even the domain admin
permission. As a domain admin, you can take ownership and change the
permissions.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

Roaming profile problem?? Tez MCSA 12 04-13-2005 03:22 PM
wireless connection with the roaming user profile and mapped drive? Karen Wireless Networking 0 02-17-2005 02:07 PM
Roaming profile =?Utf-8?B?VGVqYXMgQmhhdHQ=?= Wireless Networking 0 11-19-2004 03:25 AM
Re: roaming profile question SteveF Computer Support 1 08-21-2004 08:11 AM
roaming profile question SteveF Computer Support 1 08-20-2004 02:45 PM

Advertisments